I love pumpkin. I can’t wait for it to hit the stores and you can find pumpkin everywhere. I know others loathe this but I am one that rejoices in it. When I find a GREAT pumpkin recipe that just happens to be gluten free…I rejoice. It makes me happy. Even more…it makes my two little silly yaks happy too! 🙂
So…with that said…I present to you…the BEST Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies you will ever taste. They literally melt in you mouth!
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup canola oil (I used vegetable and it was just fine)
1 15 oz can pumpkin
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tbsp vanilla (this is how much I add…you can do less)
3 1/2 cups GF all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp pumpkin pie
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (use less if you prefer thicker frosting)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine brown sugar, sugar, canola/vegetable oil, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour 1/3 of of the dry mixture at a time into the wet ingredients making sure to fully combine before adding more.
- Use a small cookie scoop to place mounds of the dough onto the parchment paper
- Flatten out the mounds by smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. (A plastic spoon will probably be best as a metal one may stick. Also, the shape they go into the oven is the shape they will come out of of the oven).
- Bake for 9-13 minutes (should be soft when they come out)
- Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack and let it cool before frosting
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and yogurt until smooth. Use less yogurt if you prefer a thicker frosting.
- Frost each cookie and enjoy!!
My two little Silly Yaks think these are the best thing EVER. My youngest snuck FOUR without me seeing! That little stinker!
Get more recipes and updates
by signing up to the MSY newsletter!